Monday 27 February 2012

Jan 4th 2012 - Mother nature crashed me to the earth...


Since the 9th of Jan I returned back to Chiang Mai to the comfort of a city you know, people you love & share so much in common with.  This time i arrived in a bit of a state, arriving with 2 black eyes, a fractured nose & a injured back!  4 days prior to leaving Sri i got taken out by a wave, literally as i was walking into the sea.  I would love to say i was doing something exciting like surfing or wake boarding but it was just simply the power, force of nature, the sea picked me up & crashed me to the ground.  I did a huge backbend & was thrown to the floor with my chin & nose being squashed into the sand.  When i eventually made it up which seemed like forever, i had blood streaming out of my nose, bikini fallen all over the place!   The rest of my time in Sri lanka was spent observing the pain i felt in my face, having a swollen face & fractured nose however really brings you into the present moment as the pain feels like you are looking at yourself from behind.  It reminded me of wearing a mask!  What i felt afterwards that it was mother earth telling me that 2012 needed to be a year of more grounding, not moving around so much so that i can settle into a place, teach, massage, learn & grow & not continually moving.

Chiang Mai has been a good start, since arriving I have not moved from the guest house i am staying at "More Relax" & i have been teaching at http://www.wildroseyoga.org/ & at http://www.namochiangmai.com/.  The community in Chiang Mai is amazing, everyone supporting one another, playing & eating together.  People have more time here, as life is a much slower pace, although you can still become super busy if you choose just like any other city.  However making time for one another, giving & receiving massages & any therapy you need is part of everyday life here!  Ive also been getting back into climbing at crazy horse, 40mins from Chiang Mai.



No comments:

Post a Comment

2800m

2800m